Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ash Wednesday...

Well, here we are...the first day of Lent.

This is the day I walk through HEB and want to tell people,
"There is something on your head"....and then I remember.

Then I forget and see someone in the workout room...and say,
"There is something on your head"...and then I remember.

Then I forget and see someone in Target and say,
"There is something on your head"....and then I remember.

Then I forget and go to Paesano's ...and see someone and want to say something....
but I remember...

Ash Wednesday marks the first day, or the start of the season of Lent.
Lent is the
40 days before Easter.
During Ash Wednesday services, the minister will lightly rub the sign of the cross with ashes onto the foreheads of worshipers.
God, May we remember for the next 40 days....that it is from YOU we came...and it is to YOU we shall return. When we see the foreheads today...let them be a visual reminder that YOU Love us! That YOU stopped at nothing to get us back!

In His Dust,
DCC

No comments: